We are looking forward to welcoming everyone to Edmonton for the 50th Constitutional Convention of the Alberta Federation of Labour, happening from Thursday, April 27 to Sunday, April 30, 2017!
A lot has changed since our last Convention in 2015. For the first time in decades, we have a new provincial government laying out a progressive, worker-friendly vision for Alberta. The opportunities that come with this change is reflected in this year’s convention theme: This is Our Time: Unions & Alberta’s Progressive Future.
We are excited to have a fantastic lineup of speakers coming to our convention, including:
- David Madland from the Centre for American Progress
- Dr. Kathie Muir from the University of Adelaide
- Kaylie Tiessen, from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Tina Keeper, actor and activist
- Christina Gray, Minister of Labour
- Hassan Yussuff, President of the Canadian Labour Congress
- Diana Gibson, Policy Analyst with Policy Link
- and more!
Interested in attending as a voting delegate? There is still time to register on our website!
If you have any questions about the upcoming AFL Convention contact us at 780-378-6825 or email email@example.com.
A special thank you to our 2017 AFL Convention Sponsors:
- United Nurses of Alberta
- United Food and Commercial Workers 401
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers (IBB 146)
- Heat and Frost Insulators, Local 110
- CAUS Canadian Benefits Trust
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 424
- Health Sciences Association of Alberta
- Johnson Inc.
- Alberta Fire Fighters Association
- Public Service Alliance of Canada (Prairies)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees
- American Income Life Insurance Canada